DEPARTMENT: Water, City of Cartersville
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting in installing, repairing, and maintaining water and sewer lines and mains.
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of water and sewer lines and mains.
- Makes water and sewer taps.
- Operates a sewer rodding machine.
- Changes and sets meters and meter boxes.
- Flags traffic.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and vehicles.
- Levels manholes and valves.
- Installs and maintains fire hydrants.
- Repairs lawns after service has been repaired and/or restored.
- Answers emergency calls; assists in emergency repairs as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to the installation, maintenance and repair of water and sewer lines and mains.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of installing, maintaining, and repairing water and sewer lines and mains.
- Skill in the use of such tools as wrenches, pumps, shovels, picks, boring machine, and metal detector.
- Skill in the installation, maintenance, and repair of water and sewer lines and mains.
- Skill in operating equipment such as a jackhammer, sewer rodder, and tapping machine.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the occupational field, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Interested in applying? Please submit online here:
Or you may submit a letter of interest and resume/application to Human Resources to HR@cityofcartersville.org or in person at 1 N. Erwin St. Cartersville, GA 30120. Please direct any questions to Human Resources 770-387-5685.
The City of Cartersville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.