This is a skilled Audio Visual Services (AVS) technical position, duties to include installation, set up, inspection, adjustments, maintenance, and operation.
• Provides installation and updates to software remotely for faculty, staff and students
• Provides technical assistance to resolve remote connection issues for faculty, staff and students
• Provides students and employees with resolution of account issues
• Provides support for online meetings for faculty, staff and students
• Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff and students; provides equipment use instructions.
• Provides front line telephone, email, web and in-person client and technical support to faculty, staff and students.
• Troubleshoots and repairs various audio and video equipment issues in classrooms.
• Reserves and set up audio and video equipment as requested by faculty, staff and students.
• Assists with installation, programming, configuration and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
• Maintains and update Digital Signage.
• Assists with basic client support duties within the Information Technology.
• Performs related duties.
• High School Diploma and 0-1 years of related experience.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of information technology best practices.
• Knowledge of information technology systems and internal controls.
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment installation, operation, maintenance and repair.
• Knowledge of computer and AV networking.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in the provision of end user support.
• Skill in oral and written communication.