Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization, and energy. Smart Energy Thermal Solutions (SETS) is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; energy; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals, and mining industries. A leader in digitization, Honeywell delivers software and services that help customers overcome competitive pressures and uncertain market conditions to achieve game-changing business outcomes. Honeywell’s comprehensive portfolio in process control, monitoring, and safety systems and instrumentation provides optimized operations and maintenance efficiencies to meet diverse automation needs.
In Cartersville, GA, Honeywell SETS remanufactures, repairs, and tests residential, commercial, and industrial diaphragm gas meters.
*** This position is M-F 2nd shift 3pm - 12am in Cartersville, GA ***
**** Honeywell offers great benefits, liberal PTO and a 401K Match ****
The ISC Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a 2nd shift team of individual contributors who are manufacturing Honeywell's world class innovative products. You will leverage your manufacturing experience and skills to lead some of the world's most talented production employees. You will use your leadership abilities to contribute to driving safety, productivity, and exceptional quality in one of Honeywell Cartersville, GA production facilities. Through collaboration with cross functional teams, you will prioritize team workload and drive continuous improvement. As a team supervisor, you will coach your team members in technical and behavioral competencies in order to deliver high impact business results.
This role will be assigned as the Second Shift ISC Production Supervisor. The working hours will be 3pm to 12am.
- Directly manage, coach and develop production operators
- Able to independently resolve most manufacturing operation issues within defined operations parameters
- Engaging leadership as needed to escalate, or revisit based on changing business requirements
- Drive efficiency improvements (i.e. DLE, OTTR, OTTP, Scrap etc.)
- Assures compliance to and encourages employee involvement in HS&E activities, security policies, good housekeeping, cost effectiveness, company policies & quality
- Maintain cost effectiveness through aggressive productivity and asset management
- Implement process improvements and lean initiatives through the use HOS (Honeywell Operating System)
- Able to understand, process and explain productivity reports
- Ensure SOP is updated and up to date
- Have full awareness of operation floor and orders present and future
- Resource management in multifaceted environment
- Review quality output and mentor team improvements
- Evaluate each work cell of production process to retain optimal efficiency
- Collaborate with customers and cross functional teams
YOU MUST HAVE
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ Year Supervisory Experience
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role leading 20+ employees
• Bilingual English and Spanish
• Associates degree
• Efficient with SAP software
• Ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment
• Conveys information with clarity and directness
• Computer literacy
• Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong technology skills (understanding of SAP a plus)
• Strong Business Acumen
• Ability to stand for long periods on solid surfaces
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Firm understanding of safety regulations (i.e. OSHA)
• Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately