Project SEARCH Reverse Job Fair
March 13, 2020
Cartersville Medical Center, Classroom #2
960 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy, Cartersville, Georgia
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Registration & Opening Remarks
10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Reverse Job Fair
Project SEARCH interns for 2019/2020 would like to invite you to our first Reverse Job Fair. The event will include opportunities to speak with Project SEARCH interns about their experiences and learn how the training program has provided them with the skills needed to be marketable employees. Each intern will have a table set up, while you go from table to table, learning about their skills and experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet interns who have worked in different areas of the hospital. (EVS, Central Sterile, Cafeteria, Day Surgery, Mother/Baby, Emergency Department, etc.)
- Learn about the interns and their skills, experiences, internships, and other projects.
- Share information about your business.
- Recruit employees for your company.
- Network for your organization and promote competitive employment opportunities.
About Project SEARCH
Project SEARCH is a one-year, high school transition program for students with disabilities, in their last year of high school (up to 22 years of age). It is targeted for students who are interested in getting a job. The program takes place at Cartersville Medical Center. Interns learn how to be good employees while receiving on-the-job training in various hospital departments. Interns work in at least three departments throughout the school year to explore a variety of career paths. Interns work with a team that includes their family, special education teacher, job coach, parent mentor, vocational rehabilitation counselor, and hospital employees. Interns are then supported during their transition from school to work.