Sew Creative Stitchery: Art Quilts @ Cartersville LibraryName: Sew Creative Stitchery: Art Quilts @ Cartersville LibraryDate: June 22, 2019Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDTEvent Description:
Introduction to Art Quilting
Saturday, June 22, 2019 – 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Bartow County Library, Cartersville
Instructor: Teresa Cook
Class fee: $10.00
Pre-registration required, limit 12
Learn how to create a free form style of art quilting with fabric and artistic embellishments – no sewing in this class!
Workshop kit provides fabric for Terence, the sea turtle, and the sea floor; freezer paper and fusible web; plus an original design pattern.
Experience working with fabric (quilting/sewing) and some art knowledge is required.
Supplies that you should bring:
Fabric (Batiks preferred or solids):
- One fat quarter for ocean background (water), not too dark
- 10”x10” yellow or gold fabric for seahorse family
- 4”x4” tan for starfish
- 2 ½” strip of green – width of fabric
- 3 or 4 pieces of tan scraps for seashells, at least 3”x3”
- One scrap piece of muslin, fat quarter size, to cover your design before pressing
- Sharp pencil or two
- Non-permanent marking tools
- Basting glue (NOT permanent!)
- Masking tape
- Scissors – one for fabric only; one with sharp pointed tip that can cut fabric with paper
- For adding details – colored pencils, crayons, paint pens (but NO actual fabric paint!)