Sew Creative Stitchery: Quilt Binding @ Cartersville LibraryName: Sew Creative Stitchery: Quilt Binding @ Cartersville LibraryDate: March 23, 2019Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDTEvent Description:
Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:00 -4:00 pm
Location: Bartow-Cartersville Library
Class taught by Sylvia Miller, assisted by Donna Cusick
Class cost - $10.00 cost includes kit
Preregistration required. Limited to 10.
This class will cover how to bind a quilt. We will discuss straight binding versus bias binding and machine vs. hand finishing. We will cut and apply both a straight and bias binding. The straight binding with include a decorative flange.
Supplies will be provided to complete a casserole carrier or large hot pad and a pot holder, giving you a chance to learn both square corners and curved edges.
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Thread in a neutral color such as white, cream or light grey
- Seam ripper
- Rotary cutter (45 mm recommended)
- Straight pins and pin cushion or magnet
- Hand sewing needle
- Acrylic ruler (6” x12” recommended) such as Omnigrid
Optional supplies- not required, but nice to have:
- Cutting mat for rotary cutter (some mats will be provided)
You must be able to sew a straight stitch and operate your machine. Bring your instruction book, just in case!
Please plan on arriving a few minutes early to set up your machine so that we can start right on time.