Sixth Annual Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce HR AcademyName: Sixth Annual Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce HR AcademyDate: October 31, 2018Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
The Cartersville-Bartow Chamber has partnered with Fisher Phillips to provide HR professionals and business owners with an engaging and interactive opportunity to learn how to mitigate risk associated with managing employees.
Registration is required. Cost is $35 for Chamber Members and $70 for Non-Members. Please submit payment prior to the day of the event. Continental breakfast will be provided.
Attendees may receive SHRM and HRCI credits.
Speakers: Jack Stapleton, Steven Ferenczy, and Cynthia YarbroughTopics:Immigration: Cynthia Yarbrough
Employment Law Jeopardy: Jack Stapleton and Steven Ferenczy
- Increased Immigration Enforcement focused on Employers
- I-9 Compliance and Best Practices
- Preparation Pointers for an ICE Audit of the I-9 Form.
- Entertaining game that tests your employment law knowledge.
- Test your knowledge of dealership employment law with this interactive and fun legal update presented in Game Show fashion.
- How to Play: The game board is divided into categories focusing on various employment laws from harassment to the ADA to wage and hour. The questions are presented in a true/false format based on factual hypotheticals similar to those HR professionals confront on a regular basis. After each question is answered, the presenter provides an explanation and responds to follow-up questions.