There & Back Again: Earth Day Hike @ Pettit PreserveName: There & Back Again: Earth Day Hike @ Pettit PreserveDate: April 22, 2019Time: 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM EDTEvent Description:Join us for our special Earth Day hike at Bartow's very own Pettit Environmental Preserve. For $3 per person, we will have private access to the preserve for an interpretive hike and enjoy a presentation about our local animals.
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/697594230593066/?source_id=152888678093073
The best instructions for directions are to enter “Douthit Bridge Rd, Dallas 30132” in GPS then follow signs. The directions given by Maps and other GPS apps will not take you to the correct location! Full directions are on our website: http://www.pettitpreserve.org/contact-us.php
Here are the directions from the website for coming from Cartersville or I-75:
- Take Highway 113/61 South; turn left on Hwy 61 at Cartersville airport.
- **Follow Hwy 61 for 3.8 miles, then turn left on Douthit Bridge Rd (at Birchwood subdivision)
- ++After .4 mi the road becomes one-lane, unpaved; proceed to fork in road and take right on Vineyard Rd; continue for another 1.6 mi (passing through two gates) to The Pettit Preserve
- Parking is in a graveled lot just before you get to the Learning Shed.
- Take Exit 285, Red Top Mountain and head WEST (away from the State Park)
- Go straight at the traffic light; road becomes Old Alabama Rd
- Proceed on Old Alabama for approximately 7 miles
- At stop sign, turn LEFT onto Hwy 61
- Proceed with Cartersville directions (above) from **