One of the most prestigious programs of the Georgia Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (GACCE) is the Georgia Certified Chamber Program. The Georgia Certified Chamber Program sets standards of excellence for chambers in Georgia. It recognizes chambers that have met those standards while offering guidelines for those to improve their effectiveness.
GACCE follows the U.S. Chamber model, and the designation needs to be reapplied for every five years. Being a Certified Chamber of Commerce places you in a higher plateau of achievement. It shows you have gone through a detailed analysis of who and where you are as an organization.
The purpose of the program is to facilitate continuing excellence in the chamber industry and to foster a pro-business environment across the State of Georgia. Chambers must meet standards in organization, service intent and capacity, professional administration, financial management, communications, and advocacy in order to achieve the designation.
With over 150 chambers of commerce in the State of Georgia, the 13 chambers that were recognized as Georgia Certified Chambers during the Opening Luncheon of the 2017 GACCE Volunteer Leader Conference held at the Peachtree City Hotel & Conference Center in Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, November 16 received a prestigious honor that distinguishes the high quality, expertise, and strong leadership displayed by accredited chambers. These chambers make up a total of 55 chambers of commerce that have been recognized with this distinction over the past six years.
The following chambers of commerce make up the 2017 class of Georgia Certified Chambers:
- Cartersville-Bartow County Chamber of Commerce
- Darien-McIntosh County Chamber of Commerce
- Dawson County Chamber of Commerce
- Eastman-Dodge County Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce
- Griffin-Spalding Chamber of Commerce
- Polk County Chamber of Commerce
- Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce
- Thomson-McDuffie County Chamber of Commerce
- Towns County Chamber of Commerce
- Walker County Chamber of Commerce
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce
- White County Chamber of Commerce
What does the Georgia Certified Chamber designation mean to the community or area where the chamber is located?
Certification benefits the community by:
GACCE congratulates these chambers for their accomplishment!
GACCE is the professional society for chamber of commerce executives and staff. The mission of GACCE is to engage, educate and empower chamber professionals.
- Setting high standards, which their chamber of commerce voluntarily ascribes to and meets.
- Providing the assurance that their local chamber of commerce aspires to excellence in a manner consistent with chambers of commerce throughout Georgia.
- Strengthening free enterprise by protecting the business environment.
- Providing assurances to the businesses joining the chamber that they are investing in a not for profit corporation whose revenues are utilized for business and public good and not personal gain.